Using this guide
This guide includes the following sections:
– Describes the printer parts and explains how to connect using a USB or
a parallel cable, how to install the printer software, how to connect to a network, and how
to connect to an external print server.
Using print cartridges and accessories
– Explains how to use the print cartridges and
how to install the auto-duplex unit.
Printing and loading media
– Describes and illustrates how to load print media and
explains how to print on various media types and sizes. Explains six-ink printing, which
enhances the print quality of photographs, and how to use the borderless printing feature.
Also describes the printer driver features.
Using the Toolbox
– Describes the features of the Toolbox (such as ink level information,
print cartridge maintenance, and links to troubleshooting instructions), HP Instant Support,
and the myPrintMileage website (which keeps track of printer usage information). Also
explains how to order printing supplies directly through the Toolbox.
– Helps you solve common printer problems such as paper jams or
software installation issues, and printing problems such as borderless or photo printing
Printer lights reference
– Describes and illustrates printer light combinations, what they
indicate, and what action to take if necessary.
HP supplies and accessories
– Lists part numbers of the accessories, media, and print
cartridges that can be purchased and used with the printer.
– Lists support services to obtain assistance for your printer.
– Lists information such as print speeds, tray capacity, and system